Valtiontalouden tarkastusvirasto isännöi 2.–3.3.2017 kansainvälistä tuotantokuilun mittaamisen IFI-seminaaria
A Structural Balance Seminar 2–3 March 2017 in Helsinki
A Workshop on Structural Balance – Uncertainty of Potential Output and Policy Implications took place on March 2nd–3rd 2017, in Helsinki, Finland. The event was hosted by the National Audit Office of Finland.
This seminar brought together some 30 professionals from a dozen of different national independent fiscal institutions (IFI members) around the Europe and from the top Finnish economic research institutions. Among participating IFI countries were Austria, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Luxemburg, Malta, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain. National experts represented Ministry of Finance, The Bank of Finland, Research Institute of the Finnish Economy (Etla), Finland’s Economic Policy Council, and PPT Pellervo Economic Research.
Here are some of the topics which were covered during the
• Assessment of the EC methodology for the measurement of potential output: alternative specifications and country experiences
• Alternative methodologies for output gap estimations
• Cyclical adjustment of budget balances, fiscal stance and policy implications
• Re-estimating budgetary semi-elasticity to alternative output gaps
• Tax revenue elasticities: micro and macro approaches
• Ex-post revisions of structural balances
• Rules-based fiscal policy
Further information available from Jenni Jaakkola, Economist, National Audit Office of Finland, firstname.lastname@example.org.