National Audit Office of Finland - News
14 Feb 2017: NAOF’s Scientific Council until 31 Dec 2018
National Audit Office of Finland’s Scientific Council has 11 members:
- Advisor to the Board of the Bank of Finland, Lauri Kajanoja (economics)
- Postdoctoral researcher Ida Koivisto, University of Helsinki (law)
- Senior Adviser for Regulatory Impact Analysis, Antti Moisio, Prime Minister´s Office Finland (economics)
- Professor Olli Mäenpää, University of Helsinki (law)
- Professor Jukka Mähönen, University of Turku and University of Oslo (law)
- Professor Vuokko Niiranen, University of Eastern Finland (administrative science)
- Professor Lasse Oulasvirta, University of Tampere (public sector accounting)
- Professor Jukka Pirttilä, University of Tampere (economics)
- Professor Antti Ripatti, University of Helsinki (economics)
- Project Director, Adjunct Professor, Petri Virtanen, The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra, (administrative science and public financial management)
- Professor Markku Wilenius, University of Turku (futures studies)
The Scientific Council serves as a network of experts from which the NAOF can request opinions, comments and training in matters concerning the development and assessment of the audit, evaluation and monitoring of central government finances.
National Audit Office of Finland audit the state's finances, monitor and evaluate fiscal policy and oversee election and party funding. We operate in affiliation with the Parliament as Finland's Supreme Audit Institution.Through our independent audit work we ensure that public funds are spent according to Parliament's decisions, in compliance with legislation and wisely and that fiscal policy is exercised in a sustainable manner.